X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Ohio, Neebie to AirSoft

I know my way around real guns, black powder and modern. Just got into AirSoft after reading a book that Dustin Ellermann did the pictures for. It was on pistol training for defensive handguns, and CCW. It is perfect for this old dog. I've got the wide open spaces to shoot out here, but I like the idea of reduced noise, best safety for drawing from concealment or holster, and timed training that may not be allowed at a real shooting range. Heck, it's a heck of a lot cheaper than sending center fire, or even rimfire down range even with my Dillon 650XL to reload. So I have a KWA M226 PTP GBB that is a good replica of my SIG Sauer P226 MK25 Navy that is my home defense handgun. I also have a KWA LM4 GBBR PTR with Magpul furniture. I wanted a rifle that would load, and shoot and break down like the real deal. Wanted the 30 round magazines too. I have 20 round extended magazines for my MK25 so I can easily load only 20 BB's for practice with AirSoft.

I had no idea AirSoft was so REAL! I guess all i knew was the cheap kids toys you see at the big box stores. Looked like junk to me. Then I got to checking after Dustin turned me onto AirSoft. Man was I surprised to learn how realistic the higher end AirSoft guns are.

I'll have those GGKids shooting AirSoft, then Pellet, then once the safety fundamentals have been deeply ingrained from hands on Airsoft and Pellet guns will kick it up a notch or two.
    Last edited by GeorgeW; 09-19-2015, 11:27 PM.
Working...
X